Dainese Smart Jacket
The Dainese Smart Jacket (Mens), Dainese Smart Women's Jacket brings Dainese's MotoGP experience to a standalone airbag vest that you can wear in a variety of situations. D-air airbag technology distilled down into a vest (sleeveless jacket) that can be folded and easily stored in a bag, top box or backpack. Wear the Smart Jacket over or under any jacket or outfit. Its sensors and activation does not rely on a specific shell to house the technology so you can wear the device with your leather street jacket or your birthday suit (not recommended). A complex algorithm recognizes when you're in danger so it can inflate the airbag post-haste to protect your back, chest and vital parts; no tether to your motorcycle required.
Put on the Smart Jacket, secure its fasteners and you will be protected for 26 hours on a fully charged battery. The Dainese Smart Jacket uses seven sensors to analyze data at 1,000 times per second so the vest will be ready to deploy at a moment's notice. MotoGP airbag protection can now protect the common rider outside of the professional paddock.
Shop Dainese Canada
- D-Air, MotoGP airbag technology
- Wearable under or over any jacket or outfit
- Seven on-board sensors
- Data is monitored 1,000 times per second
- Algorithm detects low-sides, high-sides and object/vehicle and rear-end collisions
- Collisions are detected even when stopped, e.g. rear-end collision at a stop light
- 26hr battery life
- No hard-shell parts - airbag provides protection only when needed
- Chest protection meets or exceeds CE Level 2 for airbags, transmitted force is <2.5kN
- Standard armor CE level 2 transmits <9kN so the airbag disperses over 3x more energy than its rigid counterpart
- Back protection meets or exceeds CE Level 1 for airbags, transmitted force is <4.5kN
- Standard armor CE level 1 transmits <18kN so the airbag disperses over 4x more energy than its rigid counterpart