Items 1-30 of 76
- STACYC 12 Electric-Drive Bike$899.00
- STACYC 16 ELECTRIC-DRIVE BIKE$1,049.00
- STACYC BRUSHLESS 16EDRIVE$1,149.00
- Stacyc 12E Drive KTM Factory Replica$934.99Out of stock
- OSET 12.5 24V Racing Electric BikeSpecial Price $2,199.00 Regular Price $2,449.00
- 2020 Scott STRIKE 900 PREMIUM eRideSpecial Price $8,099.99 Regular Price $8,999.99
- 2020 Scott AXIS eRIDE 30 MEN BikeSpecial Price $3,599.00 Regular Price $4,699.99
- 2020 Scott AXIS eRIDE 30 LADY BikeSpecial Price $3,599.00 Regular Price $4,699.99
- 2020 Scott Genius eRide 920 BikeSpecial Price $6,599.99 Regular Price $7,499.00
- 2020 Scott STRIKE eRIDE 910Special Price $6,499.99 Regular Price $7,899.00
- 2020 Scott Axis 20 eRide 20 Lady Bike - Medium FrameSpecial Price $4,099.00 Regular Price $5,299.00
- Stacyc Brushless 16E Drive KTM Factory Replica$1,184.99Out of stock
- OSET 12.5 24V ECO Electric BikeSpecial Price $1,849.00 Regular Price $2,049.00Out of stock
- OSET 16.0 36V Racing Electric BikeOut of stock
- OSET MKI 20.0 48v Racing Electric BikeOut of stock
- OSET 24.0 48V Race Electric BikeOut of stock
- OSET MX-10 48V Electric Bike$4,199.00Out of stock
- 45NRTH Draugenklaw Pogie$115.00
- Scott Spunto Junior Helmet$59.95
- USWE Vertical 4 Plus Carbon Hydration BackPackSpecial Price $109.95 Regular Price $150.00
- 45NRTH NØKKEN Cycling Gloves$87.50
The E-bike movement has gained huge momentum in recent times. Offering a clean mode of transportation that’s a little more maneuverable in the city that its motorized counterpart, electric bicycles are a great way to get behind two wheels and still enjoy the convenient power assist of an electric motor.
Since the first electric bicycle model being patented in 1895, The hype surrounding this newly popular form of transportation has skyrocketed from its humble beginnings into achieving status as the hottest bicycle to currently have on the streets.
To understand this exciting machine, you first have to note the different types of E-Bikes available on the market:
PEDAL ASSIST (PEDELECS).
A ‘pedelec’ bike or pedal assist bike works by using energy input from the rider themselves with the addition of electric power provided by the battery. As the rider pedals, there is an extra push of power in each time the crank rotates. This can enable a rider to still achieve a satisfactory bicycle ride with the convenience and reliability of an electric motor.
A common question that comes up when discussing electric bikes is the difference found between pedelec and S-pedelec bicycles. Ultimately, it all comes down to overall speed and energy input. A pedelec bicycle is distinguished by a max output of 250 watts at speeds up to 25Km/h, an S-pedelec on the other hand has an energy output of 500 watts and can reach speeds up to 45Km/h.
A power-on-demand bicycle is largely characterized by the presence of a throttle. With this bike, the energy input in completely controlled from the handlebars by the rider. These E-bikes can offer the familiar feel of a commuter bicycle with the added benefits of an electric motor that does not depend on physical activation from a rider.
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?
All though both of these options have their individual benefits, it is indeed possible to get both a pedal assist and power-on-demand E-bike. With one of these, you can choose for yourself what riding style you prefer. No matter what terrain just pick the setting and you’re off!
E-bikes are an exciting and liberating way to get outside on a bike that’s more low-profile and still manage to enjoy the all the fun and convenience that goes along with a powered motor.