Product added to cart
Blackfoot Online Package Protection
HOME | SHIPPING | RETURNS/EXCHANGES | PACKAGE PROTECTION | PRICE MATCH | SECURITY & PRIVACY | TERMS & CONDITIONS | CONTACT US
Blackfoot Online Package Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the following criteria. Review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Blackfoot Online will cover.
When replacing an item, Blackfoot Online covers the missing or damaged item of the order. Replacement items will be Shipped prepaid by Blackfoot Online.
Blackfoot Online does not cover custom/duty fees.
Lost Items Policies
Packages presumed to be lost
· Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for domestic shipments and 20 days for international shipments.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
· Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Blackfoot Online does not cover this.
· Only part of the order delivered
· If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Blackfoot Online will cover the order issue and replace the missing items or items.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
· Blackfoot Online does not cover the customer’s order if the package is being returned to us, only the original shipment is protected.
Order stuck in customs
· Blackfoot Online cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
· The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
Stolen Items Policies
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, Blackfoot Online may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
1. Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Blackfoot Online provides package protection that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Blackfoot Online, Blackfoot Online is requiring a police report.
2. Send Blackfoot Online the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, Blackfoot Online can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Blackfoot Online as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
· On orders over $100, Blackfoot Online requires evidence of the police report
· Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Blackfoot Online has package protection that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Blackfoot Online, Blackfoot Online is requiring a police report. Once filed, the customer sends Blackfoot Online the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
· Upon request, Blackfoot Online can require additional documentation (e.g., proof of identity, address, notary, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
· If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Blackfoot Online considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
Damaged Items Policies
· A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc. Blackfoot Online may require further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e., more photos, videos, etc.).
· Route cannot reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Blackfoot Online can offer a refund instead.
· General Policies
Input wrong address
· If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Blackfoot Online does not cover this. Quality control
· If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Package Protection is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved. Too late to file
· Blackfoot Online can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Blackfoot Online will deny the order issue according to these policies:
o Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
o Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for domestic shipments and 20 days for international shipments.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
· If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Blackfoot Online will not cover it.
· Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
· If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Blackfoot Online Package Protection will not cover it.
Package in Pre-Shipment
· Blackfoot Online reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned shipping address
· Blackfoot Online is based in Canada. Due to shipping policies in the Canada, Blackfoot Online will not cover issues shipped to International countries.
Closed order issues
· If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Blackfoot Online will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
· If the item has shipped, Blackfoot Online is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
Pickup requires ID verification
· When a customer picks up their shipment Government Approved picture ID is required as a part of the verification step to confirm package protection.